Here’s a photoshop script I made to assist with animated Content Aware scaling.
Unzip it into Photoshop’s script folder (mine is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Presets\Scripts, probably varies depending on version/OS.)
Open photoshop, then open an animated GIF, import a video, or take a still image in duplicate its layer a bunch of times— essentially, you need to have the frames as separate layers, starting from the bottom.
Click on File | Scripts, and “Animated Content Aware Scale” should be there. If not, you put the file in the wrong folder, but you can click “Browse” and find it manually.
This sexy options box will pop up. Basically, you can tween the drastic-ness of the scaling between the beginning and the ending of the clip. Smaller heights and widths generally make people look crunched and big-eyed. Bigger ones generally make people look pencil-headed and small-eyed.
Play around with these numbers for some weird effects, but be wary that extreme scaling can take a while to process (so don’t, say, put all four sliders all the way down to 1 on a 100-frame, hi-def animation. That will look terrible anyway.)
The “algorithm” option has three methods of scaling. The first two methods are similar, but can both result in really pixelated images depending on whether you’re scaling up or scaling down. The third method, “C.A Scale -> C.A Scale”, essentially content-aware-scales each frame twice, and thus takes longer, and has more unpredictable results.
After you click “Run” and it finishes processing, your finished product will be converted into a frame animation, so you can just hit space and watch it play, or export it as a GIF, or render it as a video, or delete it forever because it’s horrifying.
Note: If you have a lot of frames, your Undo History probably won’t go back far enough to undo the whole operation, so save first if it’s something you care about.
Here’s the link again: http://neilcic.com/Animated%20Content%20Aware%20Scale.zip Sorry for the 3 KB zip file.
- gogibanchan reblogged this from neilcicierega
- mistresspandora93 likes this
- canadianshits likes this
- 50shadesofgreenapplesplat likes this
- mattie-cakes likes this
- tsukinesara reblogged this from notnights
- capnconnorsbooty reblogged this from notnights
- leviatite13 likes this
- princeofmints likes this
- ouendanl likes this
- notnights reblogged this from wigginfestival
- badassgrunt likes this
- cooradduu likes this
- sdf793r78vyfh likes this
- dismers-wonderhouse reblogged this from neilcicierega
- cardenaldana likes this
- mybigtoe44 likes this
- they-wanna-see-me-fall reblogged this from azbees
- seerofsatan likes this
- they-wanna-see-me-fall likes this
- gooseday reblogged this from azbees
- gooseday likes this
- flowerpotstarfish likes this
- soursight likes this
- meltingpointofbirds reblogged this from azbees
- geekysideburns likes this
- zoxllow likes this
- sigishooter likes this
- azbees reblogged this from neilcicierega
- gustavodaher likes this
- conscientious-earwax likes this
- dama624 likes this
- tripleshades likes this
- stepanda likes this
- animubats reblogged this from kookybat
- sonofpunpun likes this
- gorlifistangerine reblogged this from starjuniorman
- gorlifistangerine likes this
- taliesinstudio reblogged this from neilcicierega
- taliesinstudio likes this
- reblogfornoreason likes this
- anjiezombie likes this
- mynameisgust reblogged this from neilcicierega
- adriofthedead likes this
- afrenchfascist likes this
- call-me-a-saint reblogged this from hendyface
- call-me-a-saint likes this
- santajoe likes this
- hendyface reblogged this from kookybat
- thisthyme reblogged this from kookybat