Here’s a photoshop script I made to assist with animated Content Aware scaling.
Unzip it into Photoshop’s script folder (mine is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Presets\Scripts, probably varies depending on version/OS.)
Open photoshop, then open an animated GIF, import a video, or take a still image in duplicate its layer a bunch of times— essentially, you need to have the frames as separate layers, starting from the bottom.
Click on File | Scripts, and “Animated Content Aware Scale” should be there. If not, you put the file in the wrong folder, but you can click “Browse” and find it manually.
This sexy options box will pop up. Basically, you can tween the drastic-ness of the scaling between the beginning and the ending of the clip. Smaller heights and widths generally make people look crunched and big-eyed. Bigger ones generally make people look pencil-headed and small-eyed.
Play around with these numbers for some weird effects, but be wary that extreme scaling can take a while to process (so don’t, say, put all four sliders all the way down to 1 on a 100-frame, hi-def animation. That will look terrible anyway.)
The “algorithm” option has three methods of scaling. The first two methods are similar, but can both result in really pixelated images depending on whether you’re scaling up or scaling down. The third method, “C.A Scale -> C.A Scale”, essentially content-aware-scales each frame twice, and thus takes longer, and has more unpredictable results.
After you click “Run” and it finishes processing, your finished product will be converted into a frame animation, so you can just hit space and watch it play, or export it as a GIF, or render it as a video, or delete it forever because it’s horrifying.
Note: If you have a lot of frames, your Undo History probably won’t go back far enough to undo the whole operation, so save first if it’s something you care about.
Here’s the link again: http://neilcic.com/Animated%20Content%20Aware%20Scale.zip Sorry for the 3 KB zip file.
- ky-lk likes this
- dearfreja likes this
- gwoop likes this
- zzanaa reblogged this from neilcicierega
- zzanaa likes this
- thelaxone reblogged this from neilcicierega
- kniteoftheoldcode likes this
- ikari69 likes this
- zappymagician likes this
- roadh0use likes this
- seaofvaseline likes this
- luckyzacky likes this
- remenery likes this
- 171gifer likes this
- syexx likes this
- 173019 likes this
- evgenyhihi likes this
- anothertimebrotha likes this
- homewolder likes this
- zombiereznov likes this
- zoekmc likes this
- azzpyrite likes this
- boredman-da likes this
- volt-chan likes this
- posts-worth-saving reblogged this from neilcicierega
- sarcoptid likes this
- turntechredhead likes this
- frogofdeparture likes this
- autumntreesrainleaves likes this
- dargoni reblogged this from neilcicierega
- dargoni likes this
- g3twrecked likes this
- stoneclaw reblogged this from thisoverhere
- thisoverhere reblogged this from sircuddlebuns
- kandycube reblogged this from pyac
- astrangedoor likes this
- inkvirus likes this
- theyunniecorn reblogged this from pyac
- theyunniecorn likes this
- aeiouyy reblogged this from pyac
- pyac reblogged this from edgydad
- tenacle likes this
- robliefeld reblogged this from yumizoomi
- secret-h reblogged this from ghostlyroyalty
- secret-h likes this
- jacksassypants likes this
- jacksassypants reblogged this from poopmcdildos
- saltwaterlandscape likes this
- hellhog likes this
- missrupa reblogged this from pantskit